Re: svrmgrl problem

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/14

I'm not sure that there's anything 'wrong', it's just different from 8.0 on NT where Oracle used to have two services running, one the START and one the SERVICE.

The START had to be running, and svrmgrl could then start and stop the SERVICE
with the startup and shutdown commands.

Under 8.1 there is only a SERVICE.

On the other hand, if the SERVICE is
started, you can get this problem if