Re: error -1 while installing 8i on Linux

From: <tyler_sperry_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

Question: Did you install a version on the JRE prior to installing Oracle?
Are you using 8.1.6 or 8.1.5? I am trying to install using 8.1.6 and getting errors (after starting the runInstaller in install/linux) that say "You need to download and install the Jave Runtime Environment 1.1.8. I have done this and put it in /usr/local/jre and added this to my path and am still getting errors.

Seems like when you are running the runInstaller, it is installing the JRE for you. How did you get it to do this?

Any help is appreciated?

Tyler

In article <U4t85.34344$_b3.886317_at_newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Marian Farkas" <mfarkas777_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> Can anybody exlain what's causing error whe I start runInstaller to
 install
> Oracle 8i;
> Here are 3 lines I see:
> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please
> wait...
> Error in CreateOUIProcess():-1
> :Bad Address
>
> thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT