Re: calling procedure names that are pulled from a table

From: Jonas Malmsten <jonas_at_malmsten.net>
Date: 2000/07/13

You could run a SQL plus script instead. Something like:

spool on filename /* I don't remember the exact syntax */ select procedure_name||'('||paramaters_or_somethin||');'; spool off
@@filename

Another option would be to use a stored procedure. There is a package (dbms_file or something similar) that you can use to open and write to files in a similar way as you do in c.

//Jonas

In article <p0nb5.1405$ol5.3124_at_newsfeed.slurp.net>,   "please help" <slow_at_cable.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction? Using a pl/sql
 file
> that will be run with a CRON job, I need to be able to grab records
 from a
> table that will contain package.procedures and some parameters for
 each, and
> then have the pl/sql file do a call to each procedure and pass in the
> parameters.
>
> I can do this in Oracle Forms 4.5 by putting together a command
 string,
> assigning it to a variable, and then use the following command:
>
> FORMS_DDL('begin '||command_var||'; end');
>
> Is there a similar way to do this in pl/sql outside of forms?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Watson
> rwatson_at_kemron-lab<takemeout>.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT