Trying to run a dbms_run on an external file

From: Michael D. McGrath <mcgrathmd_at_emtsolutions.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

I am trying to run an external SQL file as a job in sqlplus. I have tried everything but the kitchen sink. At the prompt I can type:

SQL> @test.sql;

Everthing is fine, but I cannot run a job on the same file.

variable Job_no number;
begin

    dbms_job.submit(:job_no,'@test.sql;',sysdate,'sysdate +
(10/(24*60*60))');

end;
/

and I have tried

variable Job_no number;
begin

    dbms_job.submit(:job_no,'@test.sql',sysdate,'sysdate +
(10/(24*60*60))');

end;
/

I get errors on both.

Can anyone help????

Thnks in advance.....

Mike McGrath

mcgrathmd_at_emtsolutions.com Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT