Problem with patched system headers under Linux

From: Timo Volkmer <timo.volkmer_at_lhsytems.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

Hi everyone,

I am currently porting a huge application from HP-UX to Linux. I started doing that with SuSE-Linx 6.2 (Kernel 2.2.10 and gcc egcs-Version 2.91.66) and Oracle V8.0.5 for Linux.
The HP-UX Version uses Oracle 7.3.2.
Since we had problems running Oracle on Linux we updated to SuSE-Linux 6.4 (Kernel 2.2.14, gcc Version 2.95.2) and Oracle V8.0.5.1. Now I have the problem that the Compiler starts including the patched Linux-Systems headers from
$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/public instead of including them from the system include path.
I can manually prevent the compiler from doing that but what will be the result?
What are those patched header files there for? Will I have a problem if I do not use them at all?

If anoyne can give me some hints her I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Thanks a lot,

-Timo.

mailto:timo.volkmer_at_lhsystems.com Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT