Re: connecting to 7.3.4.4.0 from linux?

From: Rene Nyffenegger <renenyffenegger_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

> > We're running oracle 7.3.4.4.0 on NT. I'd like to have an
> > intranet interface to that database. As Webserver, I'd prefer
> > an apache server on linux. The question is: how would you
> > go about doing this, ie. what do I have to download.
> > Also, I'd prefer perl DBI as the means to do that.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Rene
>
> I would *not* go about doing this, as Oracle 7 is end-of-life on
 December
> 31,2000. If your company doesn't have any upgrade plan, start
 thinking about
> that *NOW*.
> Sorry to be outspoken, but for me the impending desupport precludes
 any new
> development on 7.3.4

Thanks for the info, I wasn't actually aware of that.

Still, my question is: what do I have to install/download in order to make DBD::Oracle running on Linux, be the server oracle 8 or oracle 7.

Rene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT