Re: Oracle personal edition 8i and Windows ME

From: Alvin <aneka2_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

didbre <critique_by_didbre_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00ffb102.41dfe4f1_at_usw-ex0104-028.remarq.com...
> I just tried to install the Oracle personal edition 8i for w98
> on my Windows ME and I have one big problem :
> just after the welcome screen of the universal installer, I
> click on the next button and the program suddenly quit with no
> chance to escape.
>
> Is win98 and winME so different ???

It's WinME. Trust me. I've installed programs like utilities, graphics, web stuff, etc, some of them crashed successfully. Norton IS does not even work well in this OS. Microsoft said they made some changes in core OS, may be that's what affects everything.

I installed Oracle PE both on Win98 and Win98SE, they worked flawlessly. So it must be ME. Beside I don't have anything on the background running (only systray, explorer), so it must something on the OS side. Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT