Re: Oracle Database on the web

From: Morten Primdahl <morten_at_caput.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

"John P. Fojtek" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am curious if anyone out there has any suggestions as to which program
> would work the best for designing a set of web pages that refer to an
> Oracle 8.04 database for information.

I think it's a matter of your own preference. Personally, I prefer Java. On the server use a Servlet which communiates with the DB via a JDBC driver. Various technologies exist to ease the dynamic content creation through servlets.

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl         Caput ApS       Tel +45 33 12 24 42
morten_at_caput.com        Nygade 6        Fax +45 33 91 24 42