DBMS_JOB problem

From: Sean <dolans_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

I have a stored procedure that I need to run each day. I have logged in as a DBA (not SYS or SYSTEM though) and did the following:

ALTER SYSTEM DISABLE RESTRICTED SESSION; exec DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno, 'pack_foo.fooBarProc;', SYSDATE +5/1440, 'SYSDATE + 1'); When I wait for the 5 minutes to pass and do a query on the current time I get:
11:50:32 as the time of day.

But when I look at this, I see my current time is past when it was supposed to execute. Is there something I am doing wrong and it is not executing?

 SELECT job, next_date, next_sec, failures, broken  FROM user_jobs;

  JOB NEXT_DATE NEXT_SEC FAILURES B

    4 12-JUL-2000 11:49:29 N Also if I look at current jobs running:
SELECT sid, r.job, log_user, r.this_date, r.this_sec   FROM dba_jobs_running r, dba_jobs j
  WHERE r.job = j.job;

I get no results returned.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT