can no longer connect

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

I have an Oracle 8i database running on a Sun box. I can currently and always could get in using SQL*PLUS. We have a third part app that connects behind the scenes to the database and allows clients to work with the software thru Windows. All of a sudden yesterday they could no longer connect. At the end of this message I have the output of the sqlnet.log file. Not sure if it's relevant, Any idea what's going on? The only difference between now and before is I needed most of the drive space for a temporary backup, but there is still a few megs free and the space left is not going down any. Thanks.

STeve

Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email.

Fatal NI connect error 12545, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)(PROGRAM=/home/oracle8i/manager/bin/oracle)(ARGV0=o raclek5ent1)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')(DETACH=NO))(CONNE CT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=joe.sam.com)(USER=oracle8i))))

  VERSION INFORMATION:

        TNS for Solaris: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production
        Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version
8.0.4.0.0 - Production
  Time: 11-JUL-00 18:39:46
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 12206
    TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation     ns main err code: 12545
    TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

    ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 515
    TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

    nt secondary err code: 2
    nt OS err code: 0