ORA-01925

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/11

I got a ORA-01925 when logging to an instance as SYS.

Here is what the Docs say:

"ORA-01925: maximum of num enabled roles exceeded

Cause: The specified number of enabled roles exceeds the value specified in the initialization parameter MAX_ENABLED_ROLES.

Action: Increase MAX_ENABLED_ROLES and restart the instance."

Simple, right ? Well no it does not work that way on my Oracle 8.1.5 installation on NT 4.0 !

If I set MAX_ENABLED_ROLES to any number (range 25-128) the instance will not restart. It is like it is seen as an invalid parameter !

Exact syntax used in init.ora:

MAX_ENABLED_ROLES=30 Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Rock.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT