Editing dump file before Import??

From: Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/07/11

I've been trying to edit the .DMP file created by an EXP80, in order to change things like the tablespaces for tables and indexes. But when I try to use the edited file in an import, I get "IMP-00038: Could not convert to environment character set's handle."

Is there a CRC check on the file, or something else which makes this kind of operation impossible?

Or could it just be a typo in making the changes?

TIA >>>> Robert Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT