Re: Running Reports on the Wed

From: Hans Quick <quick_at_numrich.de>
Date: 2000/07/11

for PDF-output you need to pass the parameter DESFORMAT=PDF to the Report-server.

I had written a few reports which run through the web. For this i needed at least to setup the applicationserver. The easiest way to start the report is through the GCI-interface.e. g.
http://localhost/cgi_bin/r30cgi32.exe?destype=localfile&server=reports&report=report.rdf&userid=user/password@database&PARAMETER1=12345&DESFORMAT=PDF

You need to configure the cgi-directory (in this case http://localhost/cgi_bin/), the report-server (in this case reports) and where the reportfiles reside.
Calling the report using run_product should also work, if you start forms through the web on the application-server.

Hans Quick