How to update datas in a script ?

From: Philippe Wolf <~~pwolf_at_ecritel.net>
Date: 2000/07/10

Hi,

I receive every day a file containing data to add to an existent database, on Oracle 8i.
The probleme is that I may update certain rows, so that it's not a replacement.
Must I use PL/SQL, SQL Loader, java...?
A solution could be to read the file, line by line, see if the record exists, update it if yes, or insert it if not, but it could be long with some thousands or more of records to inspect.
Could any one tells me how to do ?
Thank's for any help.

    Philippe. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT