Moving DB-Instance to another HD-Drive

From: <mdaenzer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

Hi there

I'm the admin for the Oracle-Server in my company, but I' dont have any big knowledge about Oracle. That's why I ask the question here in the NG.

The problem is, that I had to insert an additional new 20GB-HD (there are yet one 6GB and one 8.5GB HD's) into the Server. Now, I would like to transfer the data from the 6GB-HD to the new HD, because then I can use this HD for another Workstation.

Wich steps do I have to do? Is it enough, if I change the pathes of the tablespaces, datafiles... in the StorageManager or are there another tasks to do?

thanks and regards
Michael Dänzer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT