Oracle 8.05 on Linux

From: Tomasz Nagawski <tomekn_at_teleaudio.com.pl>
Date: 2000/07/10

I have installed Oracle 8.05 on Linux. Everything seems Ok I nave configured SQL*Net (the files listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora) and started the listener process. I can connect using scott/tiger password to my database and execute commands but if I try to use scott/tiger_at_linux.world (I had configure this service name in the tnsnames.ora file) I still receive error like that:
ORA-01034 ORACLE not available
I think that database is Ok! nad what is wrong ? Tom Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT