Re: Question: How can I dynamically call stored procedures in Oracle 8?

From: Oliver Berger <berger.oliver_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/07/10

Kevin <kevinw1_at_mindspring.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: Abr95.102988$5k2.217088_at_dfw-read.news.verio.net...
> I have a table which contains stored procedure names.
> I want to build a cursor that calls each of these stored procedures.
> How can I execute a stored procedure when I have its name stored in a
> variable?
> I've tried:
>
> BEGIN variable; END;
>
> and this doesn't work. In MS SQL Server, you can do this with the
 following
> code:
>
> EXECUTE variable.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Hi my name is Oliver.

You have to use Dynamic SQL. You have to build a String conatianing. "Begin my_Proc End;". This String has to be passed to the Dynamic SQL Engine.
You have to use the Package for dynamic SQL. I can't remember the name but it should be no problem if you take a look in the PL/SQL Developers Guide.

Have fun. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT