Oracle V8.0.5 under Linux

From: Timo Volkmer <timo.volkmer_at_lhsytems.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

Hi everyone!

I am currently porting an application from HP-UX to Linux using SuSE-Linux 6.2 (Kernel 2.2.10).
We are using Oracle 8.0.5 on our Linux machine and it seemed to be installed correctly.
I was able to link and run some executables but the database access through oracle did not work
properly.
We were then encountering problems with all the oracle tools like sqlplus and so on. Basically
all tools in ./oracle/bin crash with a segmentation fault immediately after I start them.
Several reinstallations with the current patches did not solve the problem. We were doing the
installation exactly according to SuSE's Support-Database for SuSE-Linux 6.2 but it did not work.

If anyone can offer some help here or know what else could be worth a try I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Timo. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT