Re: Database Performance

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/07/09

I concur with the previous post of checking your SQL. But that got me to thinking about the optimization you are using; cost-based MUST have good statistics and table objects must be analyzed on a consistent frequency.

Also, you didn't mention whether the database was OLTP, DSS, Data Warehouse, etc... Some of the lower level tuning parameters are very different for each database type. I'm specifically thinking of PCTUSED and PCTFREE storage clause parameters which greatly afftect data block density.

Just my 2 cents,
Cliff Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT