Re: Installation in Windows 2000

From: Jesse van Oort <jesse.van.oort_at_home.nl>
Date: 2000/07/08

Errr, yes I have!
I have succesfully installed Developer6, designer6 and PO8.1.5 on Win2000 Pro.
You may however have a buggy installer. I've downloaded mine from ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com and installed everything with that. Also I first installed Developer (Default Home) and then PO. Designer followed later, but went into the defaulthome as well.

Regards,

Jesse

--
Jesse van Oort
KSI International N.V.

"ChrisS" <user_at_synergen.com> schreef in bericht

> I ran into similar problems, but after cleaning everything up I found
> that Oracle dev 6 simply won't install under windows 2000, and oracle
> support said this was a known issue.
>
> So if anyone out there has successfully installed dev 6 under windows
> 2000, I'd like to know how!
>
> Note - if you install dev 6 under windows NT 4, then upgrade to
> windows 2000, everything works fine.
>
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:00:17 GMT, "Haplo" <valgaeren_at_pandora.be>
> wrote:
>

> >Hi Steve,
> >
> >I guess you're trying to install developer 6. I also had this problem.
There
> >are two possible solutions. The first one is to stop the oracle processes
> >and then install dev6. Unfortunately this doesn't always work. The only
> >solution that always works is to completely uninstall oracle8. Then
firstly
> >install dev6 under the default home. After that install oracle8 under a
> >different home.
> >
> >This is a bug in the installer of dev6. I hope my solution is of any
help.

> >Greetings,
> >
> >Wim Valgaeren
> >valgaeren_at_pandora.be
> >

> >"Steve Campbell" <scampbel_at_metz.une.edu.au> wrote in message
> >> We are trying to install developer running under Windows 2000.
Unfortunately