Re: Some questions regarding Oracle download softwares

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: 2000/07/08

Although the products are free and fully functional, license terms allow, among other conditions, the use only for development pourposes. If you plan use for your own applications, it is necessary obtain a valid license. Same applies for clients you deliver your software.

Read OTN conditions carefully.

Jimmy wrote:

> I found that I can download many Oracle softwares from their website.
> I want to ask, why Oracle releases their free copies (without evulation
> period) to the public? I have visited IBM DB2 website and just find that
> only Personal Edition of DB2 can be free download. Other softwares are
> all with 60-day evulation period. It seems that they do not want the
> public to freely use their products (and I think Microsoft also). But
> how about Oracle? Most products can be freely download.
>
> Jimmy

|  -°)                                          (°-  |
|  /\\  Linux the choice of the GNU generation  //\  |
| _\_v                                          v_/_ |

Breno de Avellar Gomes
Database Applications & Internet Developer

Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados
P. O. Box 5006
EC Municipio
4017-001 Porto
Portugal

brenogomes_at_ieee.org
Cellular phone: 351-917383469
Cellular messages: 917383469_at_sms.telecel.pt
ICQ # 35567342

Toll free fax and answering machine from USA
1-888-EXCITE2  extension  291-303-8152

Outside USA (international fares apply)
1-917-463-3173