Character Encoding with Perl / Oracle

From: Joseph Ziegler <joseph_at_denalii.com>
Date: 2000/07/08

I really could use some advice here. I'm using Perl and Oracle 8i DBI. I need a good method to convert between character sets on CLOBS of data I'm storing. I.e., I want to convert a large amount of text in Japanese from EUC to SJIS, or Chinese from GB to HZ.

I was trying to get the Oracle 8i Convert function to work, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly with Perl DBI.

Does anybody have a code example I could see? Is it better to have Oracle do the conversion or is there some good Perl routines out there?

Thanks for any help!

-Joseph Ziegler
joseph at denalii.com Received on Sat Jul 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT