Re: Help: Oracle MEAN Function

From: Eisen Chao <echao_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

adam (adam.g_at_virgin.net) wrote:
:
: Eisen Chao <echao_at_interaccess.com> wrote in message
: news:sl52ds34e7f147_at_corp.supernews.com...
: <snip>

: You should know that this is not the correct meaning of 'mean'.
: The mean of a set of values is their sum divided by the number of values.
: The quantity you mention is of dubious significance, to say the least. The
: function AVG you mentioned doubtless is exactly equivalent to the definition
: of mean I have just given.

  Adam,

  Thanks for replying, I got that definition from a collegue   who I thot knew better.

  I went to Borders and picked up a statsitics 101 book and read   up on how many variations of MEAN that there are. I did end up   using the Oracle AVG function.

  regards,

  Eisen

: HTH
: Adam