Re: SQLPLUS, scripting problem

From: Jacques Desmazieres <jacques.desmazieres_at_is2france.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

> First of all, how do I make SQLPLUS to run the script only once, it runs
> forever and ever prompting for new values after each run? CTRL+C only
works.

sqlplus user/password_at_sid @script_name

This works fine if you do not have a recursive call of your script

If you do not want Oracle to ask you for the parameter value each time it appears in the script, you can proceed like this:

DEFINE myValue = &1

replace &1 by &myValue everywhere in the script (should work, but I did not get time to test it)

> Second thing how do I turn of the feedback showing what variables has been
> changed?
> old 22: '&startdate'
> new 22: '01-01-2000'

Set verify off

It is in the SQL*Plus doc

Jacques Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT