Re: OCI 8 fetching question

From: laurent <laurent.citton_at_socgen.com>
Date: 2000/07/06

Hi Dave,

I think you can't know how many rows will ultimately be fetched, unless you explicitly count them.
Anyway, you do no need to know how many rows will be fetched to issue your query. The first call to OCIStmtExecute will get from the server as many rows as specified, then you can get next ones using OCIStmtFetch call like hereafter:

  OCIStmtFetch (..., ... , ... , OCI_FETCH_NEXT, OCI_DEFAULT);

Hope this helps.