Re: Encrypting certain fields..

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/07/06

Hi Ben,

Which version of Oracle are you using? If you are using 8.1.6 (8i), you can use the dbms_obfuscation_toolkit package, which offers you DES encryption (!!). As far as I know this is one of the most common, and often used encryption methods. Personally I've never used it before, but you could check out:
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76936/dbms_obf.htm#65 18
This will probably be very useful.. If you want to work with public / private key methods, you'll probably want to buy a third party package.

Good luck!

Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle Web Development,
Desyde ( http://www.desyde.nl ) Received on Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT