Re: Debuging a PL/SQL script

From: <jeanch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/05

In article <8jvdft$6re$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tkirwan1679_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am running a Pl/SQL script which basically loads records from a
> temporary table into their proper tables. But the procedure does not
> appear to be doing what it's supposed to. I can't see any obvious
> problem with the code.
>
> Is there any way to debug the procedure and step through it to see
 what
> it is doing while it's doing it?

Try this:
If you've got TOAD use TOAD debugger it's OK !! OR
o isolate offending functions
o put some debug info/dbma_output.put_line('myFunction: ' || v_value); o take any corrective action.
OR
o if output data is not convinient then insert debug info into a log_table with a timestamp and fix the problem.

I hope this helps.

JC
> Tony
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT