Re: Oracle 8.1.6 install problem

From: Terry Steyaert <steyaert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/05

Actually, yes. The answer is to ignore the error. If you just hit the OK button, the installation will continue without a problem. (At least that has been the consensus answer for 8.1.5. I assume it hasn't changed with 8.1.6.)

If you want to run the installation in a language other than English, then you should probably call Oracle technical support for assistance. By OKing the error, you will see the installation in English.

Terry Steyaert
steyaert_at_my-deja.com

In article <8jgn8o$n7n$1_at_nnrp2.deja.com>,   goshoo_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> My linux is Slackware 7.0 and i have the same
> problem.
> There are anybody, who know what is the descision
> for this problem.
>
> In article
> <394ba053.1933506_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
> authenticseeker_at_techie.com (Lee) wrote:
> > I've gotten Oracle 8.1.6 (oracle8161_tar.gz)
 installed without a hitch
> > on Linux. My problem is when I try to run
 dbassist it then gives me
> > the following error:
> >
> > java.lang.NumberFormatException
> >
> > I've seen this problem posted here before, but
 didn't see any
> > solutions to getting it to run. After a day and
 a half of searching
> > I'm now getting disgusted, so please any help
 would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Lee
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT