Desperately Seeking Advice On Training

From: <jm_at_freedom.net>
Date: 2000/07/05

I have no experience with Oracle, however, I've been working with flat file databases for the past 6 years, and I would like to train to be a certified Oracle DBA. Can anyone give this newbie wannabe advice on a training plan? It looks like my employers are backing out of paying for Oracle's training, and if I'm going to have to run up the credit cards, I'd hate to end up with incomprehensible training materials, or a program that's appropriate only for some one with Oracle experience.

Our system is going through its 4th transition, into a powerbuilder db running on Oracle 8 in 6 months (currently running temporarily powerbuilder on Sybase 6). No one at our institution has experience running this, and I'm very concerned about any of us trying to wing it.

If anyone can give me good advice, you'll have my eternal gratitude.

jm_at_freedom.net Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT