Re: Microsoft IIS connecting to Oracle 8.1.6 on Sun

From: Imran Hussain <imranh_at_imranweb.com>
Date: 2000/07/04

I think IIS and ASP is great if you use only Microsoft solution. Try Java Servlets, we have switched to servlets as they are much more reliable. We were using ASP and it kept crashing for no reason. We had to reboot the damn machine every Monday morning. Now it is fine

LF wrote:

> Greetings All, I may be grasping here, but I have hit a wall and I am
> hoping that this resource here may provide me with some clues if not
> answers. I am running a production web site with Oracle 8i release 2
> on Sun Solaris 2.7. The web pages are served up via NT 4 and IIS,
> we are using the Microsoft for Oracle ODBC driver and NET 8 is installed.
> My question is this, has anyone out there experienced anything weird
> when connecting an IIs web server to an Oracle database. We are
> experiencing frequent web server crashes with little to no traffic coming
> through the web server? Further, when the web server is officially crashed
> I am still able to connect and query the database from a fat client? I
> honestly do not think it is either Oracle or NET8 but I have to be sure,
> has anyone experienced anything weird using the Microsoft for Oracle
> driver on an NT box running IIs serving up asp pages?
>
> Any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Imran Hussain
imranh_at_imranweb.com

For FREE Software visit
http://www.imranweb.com/freesoft