Re: HELP - frames/packets being resent (duplicated) for Oracle sql*net connection.

From: Austin Durbin <adurbin_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/07/04

If 20% of all packets are being resent, this would point to problems with your network. By examing the TCP headers you will see this retransmition of packets. A few retranmissions would be normal, but 20% is way to high. By the way, you should see this happening with all traffic between these two machines, not just the sql*net traffic. This could be caused by a variety of problems, a high rate of collisions, physical errors on the wire, oversubscripted frame-relay links, etc.. Whatever the cause, you need to get your network guru into the picture.

Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au> wrote in message news:39618312.9930839_at_newshost.interact.net.au...
> Hi there,
>
> On a particular site, I'm noticing about 20% of sql*net packets
> (frames) generated from an application are resent somehow ... using
> packet sniffer shows identical packets being resent. I know the
> client application in question has no control over this - it leaves
> all work up to Oracle's net client and ODBC.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Seen it before?
> Any way to track the cause?
>
> The output below shows that they are TNS duplicates ... which is the
> Oracle sql*net level.
>
> Sample of duplicate frames>

 snip

> TCP: ----- TCP header -----