Install Problem with Personal 8i

From: sbn <sbnewby_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/03

Hi:

I purchased the trial Oracle 8i Personal Edition CD pack and cannot seem to get a ' Top Level Install Component' that offers me the core RDBMS product (Oracle 8i Enterprise or Standard) - the only component I'm ever offered to install is the Oracle 8 client. I've installed the client component and re-booted but the installer does not ever offer me the chance to install the core RDBMS.

I trying to install on Windows 98 SE with 96 meg RAM/15 gig HD. The doco said I can install components for which I purchased but this advice seems useless since this is a trial pack.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SBN Received on Mon Jul 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT