CharacterSet Followup

From: Rob Zwartjes <rzwartje_at_rob.home.nl>
Date: 2000/07/01

Hello there,
as the subject already said this is a followup from my previous question. Probably I should have looked in the oracle pdf a little bit more but OK the next time I will read more and ask later. :) What I found does make sence but doesn't work. Here it is:
I started svrmgrl and did the following

	connect internal;
	shutdown immediate;
	startup mount;
	alter system enable restricted session;
	alter system set job_queue_processes=0;
	alter database open;
	alter database character set WE8ISO8859P1;
	alter database national character set WE8ISO8859P1;
	shutdown immediate;
	startup;

Then I logged in as normal user and made a new table with upper and lower case field names. It doesn't work. Still only upper case letters. The above statements I got from the a67789.pdf from Oracle8i and I am running oracle 8.0.5.1. Is this why I can't make it work or am I forgetting something??

Thanks in advance,
Rob Received on Sat Jul 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT