Re: 'set termout off' and 'set termout on'

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/07/01

In article <8jli7d$gmi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   crunchy2k_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am using SQL+ version 3.3, and I ran this query using the advice of
> poster to this group:
>
> spool c:\out.lis
> set termout off
> select * from table;
> set termout on
>
> However, the selected rows still appear on the screen.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You need to run the query in a script file otherwise the termout doesn't have any effect. Consider:

scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> spool temp
scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> set termout off
scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> select * from dual;

-

scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> set termout on
scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> @test
scott_at_ORA734.WORLD> !cat test.sql

set termout off
select * from dual;
set termout on

scott_at_ORA734.WORLD>

If I just do everything interactively -- it still outputs. As soon as I put it into a script "test.sql" -- it works as you want.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html