Re: Oracle acting like the Scientology crooks almost, it looks like

From: ptsc <ptsc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

Lronscam wrote in message ...
>The addy of frice_at_skeptictank.org, In article ID

>If a platoon leader said how great their opposing army was, and how
>incredibly pervasive it was, what kind of morale do you think he would
>develop in his troops? See what I am getting at?... I suspect you do not.

Actually, propaganda of this sort relies on two things to be effective.

One is the creation of the enemy as a menacing, pervasive force of unimaginable threat.

The other is the creation of the enemy as easily defeatable buffoons.

US propaganda in WW I portrayed the Germans both as terrifying "Huns" and as silly and ridiculous "Jerrys."

These are contradictory, but that's propaganda for you. (And in the case of Scientology, both, paradoxically, are true.)

ptsc Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT