Re: jdbc thin driver raises: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

From: André Hartmann <Andre.Hartmann_at_pace.de>
Date: 2000/06/30

Okay,

  thanx.... there are two resulting questios on that ....

(1) As a normal DB User ... how can I increase the value of the open_cursor parameter during application runtime using the connection that I have ?? I am not the DBA so all I have are ordinary user privileges (role RESOURCE).

(2) How to close cursors via jdbc ?? Actually I am using a connection pool with a number of long lasting connections that are reused by java processes again and again. One a process is done, it hands the connection back to the pool. In this case I would love to release all cursors if I knew how. COMMIT doesnt help. A connection is being committed when it is handed back but the ORA-01000 keeps being thrown.

AH
:)

Sybrand Bakker schrieb in Nachricht
<962297072.4119.2.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>...