HELP! Return variable - (decrypted) - is truncated, why?

From: mAd hAcker <madhackerboy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

Using 8.1.6.

    I have a webpage(stored proc) with a login form. When the user logs in, I am retrieving a handful of variables and storing them as cookies (the values are encrypted.) The variable I am concerned with is a user_pin (unique 9 digit number) and is being displayed on the page, as well and entered into a table upon further transactions.

The problem I am having is that sometimes the pin is being truncated...and at different points, on different tries. I am testing using a pin of 987654321:
I have experienced return variables of : 9, 9876, etc....

There seems to be no reasonable explanation for this - is there something that I might be overlooking? It is being truncated both on the page, and in the table when entered, so the problem is not with the htp. Is this possibly an error in the decryption function? Is it perhaps just cutting it off for no good reason? (Is my server processing it TOO FAST!?!?!?!?) _
Mh Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT