Re: Import Data - Access to Oracle

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

"Newbie (Joe)" <jranseth_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08775.359$Hs3.8127_at_news1.mts.net...
> Thank you so far for all of your help, I come again with another basic
> question.
>
> I have 2 tables from an access database that I need to import to Oracle.
> How can I do this? Can the Migration Workbench import only 2 tables?
>
> What if I create the table structure in Oracle and import the
> data....how do I do this? I assume that I can use a .csv file, but is there
> a tool that helps me with this, or do I have to do it in SQL*PLus? I have
> heard of SQL Loader - what is it, and how can it help my situation?

SQL Loader loads data from a text file (fixed position or delimited) into Oracle.

Go here for SQL*Loader docs:

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8/doc_index.htm

Then click on Oracle 8 Server (first link on page) and then click on Oracle 8 Utilites.

There was a .pdf version somewhere too - didn't have time to look for it but it's probably out there somewhere.

-Matt Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT