Re: Avoid repeat Password entry in Setup script?

From: Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/06/29

"In part Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:962214755.23174.2.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...

> Thirdly you can set environment variables in NT and they *will* work in
> sql*plus. So
> SET PASSWD=...
> SET UNAM=...
> sqlplus ...
> create user %UNAM% identified by %PASSWD%

I want to keep password entry INVISIBLE. AFAIK, there is is no way do do this in the command-line environment. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here.) If I continue to do it in the SQL*PLUS environment, is there a way to modify (or create a new) NT environment variable, so that it can be used in the IMP80 call?

TIA >>> Robert Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT