Re: 8.1.5 to 8.1.6

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/29

I may have discovered the fix to that bug. I believe the problem is that 8.1.5 can
corrupt blocks in the system tablespace
and never detect it, but 8.1.6 detects it and rejects the blocks.

There is a hidden parameter named something like: '_always_checksum_system_ts' which is set to TRUE. Presumably if set to false the check would not take place, and 8.1.6 would run.

--

Jonathan Lewis