Performance Issues doing exports 8.0.4 to 7.3.3

From: <jamora_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/29

Hello

I would like to see if someone can help us with this situation we are facing.

We have two servers one for production and one for testing, in production we are running Oracle 8.0.4 and in testing we are running 7.3.3 both PCs are NT machines with 512Mb of memory, the database is our payroll and it is barely 7GB.

We use the test server just to test the user queries, and programs just to see if they work and not stress our production server.

We just installed 8.0.4 about 1 month ago, and when we started exporting from 8.0.4 to 7.3.3 the performance on the test databases got really bad, we ran explain plans on the same query on both servers and in the 7.3.3 we get full table scans while in 8.0.4 we get accesses by rowid etc. We checked the indexes and they have the same indexes, same tablespaces, only thing is the move from 8.0.4 to 7.3.3

Any ideas?

Thank you Very Much

Angel Mora
jamora_at_my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT