Avoid repeat Password entry in Setup script?

From: Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/06/28

I have a single batch file which (1) creates a user, (2) imports a database structure for that user, and (3) creates some synonyms for that user's tables, procedure package, and views.

My problem is this: I'd like to find a way for the installing person to enter the password for the user only ONCE. Right now, (s)he has to enter it 3 times:

1) When creating the user
2) When importing the structure, and
3) When creating the synonyms.

Here's how I now do it:

The top level batch file contains:

REM SET UP THE MYDATA USER ACCOUNT:
CALL SUPPORTING\CREAT_MYUSER.BAT
REM IMPORT THE MYDATA STRUCTURE:
IMP80 PARFILE=SUPPORTING\IMPORMYSTRUCT.TXT REM CREATE THE SYNONYMNS:
CALL SUPPORTING\CREATE_SYNONYMS.BAT

In the subdirectory "SUPPORTING", the files are

CREAT_MYUSER.BAT:
     PLUS80 /nologin @SUPPORTING/CREATE_MYUSER.SQL

CREATE_MYUSER.SQL:

IMPORMYSTRUCT.TXT:
   USERID=MYNAME FROMUSER=MYNAME TOUSER=MYNAME    FILE=SUPPORTING/ORMYSTRUCT.DMP LOG=MYNOTFULLIMPLOG.TXT ORMYSTRUCT.DMP (not shown here)

CREATE_SYNONYMS.BAT
   plus80 MYNAME @SUPPORTING/SYNONYMS.SQL    SYNONYMS.SQL:

TIA >> Robert Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT