converting a LOB to LONG

From: <lvcampbell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/28

We have a third part application that pulls data from our 8.1.5.0.0 database running on Solaris 2.6. The tables it reads have data in CLOB format, but the application is designed and supported only for LONG datatypes. Is there anyway I can convert the clobs to long? I tried the obvious one, creating an identical table with LONG, exporting the CLOB data, renaming the identical LONG data to the same name as the original CLOB data and importing into it. When I do this I get the inconsistent datatypes as I suspected. I looked through DBMS_LOB and can't find anything either. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Laine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT