Re: ORA-01034: Oracle not Available

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/28

As to the startup problem. There should be a strt<sid>.cmd file in orant\database. This has a hardcoded internal password. Check that password. If it's different from the actual one your database won't start.

As to the listener problem: check \orant\net80\log\listener.log. This should come up with more specific messages.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"John Schneider" <JohnSchneider_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:395908DA.89A3DFCB_at_bigfoot.com...
> I'm having the same problem. I had Oracle running fine on my laptop for a
> previous project. Once that project was complete, I disabled all the
 Oracle