Re: Control File Missing... Plz Help :)

From: <alistair.thomson_at_sphinxcst.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/27

Check the init.ora file for the location of your control files. Make sure the files are there. If they're not then you need to either recreate the control files or restore your instance from a backup. If neither of these are an option then its back to creating the instance again and repopulating it.

Good luck

Alistair Thomson

In article <8jahp3$epq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   L. Weddle <lweddle_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> When I start up the database in server manager it gives me the
> following error:
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal;
> Connected.
> SVRMGR> startup;
> ORACLE instance started.
> Total System Global Area 35028368 bytes
> Fixed Size 64912 bytes
> Variable Size 18014208 bytes
> Database Buffers 16777216 bytes
> Redo Buffers 172032 bytes
> ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more
> info
> SVRMGR>
>
> and when shutting it down...
>
> ORA-01507: database not mounted
> ORACLE instance shut down.
> SVRMGR>
>
> I checked the alert log and the control files are nowhere to be found.
>
> How can I either...
> A) Create a control file for this database
> B) Create a new database and trash this one
>
> or if those 2 options are not correct...
> What do I need to do to get this database mounted properly?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks :)
> -Lisa
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT