Control File Missing... Plz Help :)

From: L. Weddle <lweddle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/27

When I start up the database in server manager it gives me the following error:

SVRMGR> connect internal;
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         35028368 bytes
Fixed Size                                          64912 bytes
Variable Size                                    18014208 bytes
Database Buffers                                 16777216 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       172032 bytes
ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info
SVRMGR> and when shutting it down...

ORA-01507: database not mounted
ORACLE instance shut down.
SVRMGR> I checked the alert log and the control files are nowhere to be found.

How can I either...
A) Create a control file for this database B) Create a new database and trash this one

or if those 2 options are not correct... What do I need to do to get this database mounted properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks :)
-Lisa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT