Need help passing parameter into Stored Proc

From: <vladn2001_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/27

Hi everybody,

I have a stored procedure that needs to update multiple products in one call based on item_sku that I am passing as a parameter.

When item sku are hardcoded it executes fine:

UPDATE PRODUCTS SET DESCR = '123TEST' WHERE ITEM_SKU IN ('371948,371872') However, when I am passing those items skus as a variable this statement will not execute at all:

vITEM_SKU IN VARCHAR2(255);

--Hardcoded for testing
vITEM_SKU := '371948,371872';

UPDATE PRODUCTS SET DESCR = '123TEST' WHERE ITEM_SKU IN (vITEM_SKU);

I assume that Oracle handles this variable as one string, therefore treating it as one item_sku. Is my assumption correct ? If it is, what can be done to work around this issue.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks, Davie (eclipse98_at_hotmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT