Re: OCP DBA

From: Robert Pastijn <pastijn_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/06/26

Hi John,

I did the tests in the Netherlands and I found the Performance tuning test the worse. Just a quick list:

Easiest (1) to Worst (5):

  1. SQL - PL/SQL (Watch out, read VERY carefully)
  2. DBA (Pretty straighforward)
  3. Backup and recovery (Pay attention to export/import and OS ways for backup)
  4. NET8 - (Allthough some functions are not working in real-life ans sometimes skipped during classes, questions are asked a lot. For example connection manager and OEM)
  5. Performance tuning (The hard part is that you really need to understand what they are asking and what you are doing).

The only good reference manual I found are the official books from Oracle you receive when you take a course. Questions are 1 on 1 from the course material. If the course material is wrong, please answer accordingly or else your response is wrong. You can download a test from the Oracle site for training.

Greetings, Robert (rp_at_worldonline.nl).