Ora's version of SQL Server's "dynamic cursor"?

From: <cauchic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

I'm used to accessing SQL Server from Delphi, and now am connecting to Oracle in my latest project. In SQL Server I can obtain a result set that is aware of inserts, updates and deletes by other users (a dynamic cursor). Does Oracle have any method to accomplish this, or is it simply necessary to Refresh constantly? I can find nothing about different cursor types in the docs, I've dug down all the way to OCI and can see othing. Hoping to use Direct Oracle Access, but without this feature I have a problem.

Chris Cauchi
Chris.Cauchi_at_autodata.net
Autodata Solutions Company

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT