Re: Exporting without the Exp80 -URGENT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/23

First,
There are no other means to export the database, when the database is down! Second,
Is the database itself up?
In that case you should be able to do the following in a dos box *on the server*:
set oracle_sid=<yoursid>
exp80 etc
as that should bypass sqlnet and use IPC Third,
You should be able to find the reason why Oracle doesn't start in %ORACLE_HOME% (usually C:\orant) \net80\log\listener.log. As far as I know, there's always a *detailed* error message in that file. If you don't succeed in interpreting the error message, zip the log up and post it, or e-mail it to me.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA